Setting - Update repository after push (Hg update)

Veeramani P

22 Aug, 2018 11:00 AM

I have installed Rhodecode (mercurial server) on an Centos machine. I specified the repository directory during the setup. I created a new repository using the Rhodecode web interface and was able to clone this empty repository from another machine. I added a few files and pushed my changes to the server. I can see that the push was successful on the web interface and I can see the files on the web interface as well. However, there are no files in the repository folder on the server. Is this normal? Shouldn't the source files appear in the server's repository folder? I am able to clone and push changes and my changes are tracked

I need to setup Update repository after push (Hg update) in Rhodecode admin webgui interface.
Kindly provide the solution.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marcin Kuzminsk... on 22 Aug, 2018 11:10 AM

Hi,

RhodeCode needs to keep repositories without working copies on the server side. This is a requirement for file consistency and performance.

Imagine a big repository that two users push into two different branches, it would mean that hg update would do an almost parallel checkout, and potentially overriding files.

What we recommend doing is:

• use EE edition remote sync capabilities to push to some other location on a periodic basis, using the scheduler feature. This way you could push data to some other location, and make the .hgrc file update repository after push. This way you have control over what get's check-ed out (which branch etc)

• use some script that takes this repository on server side, and makes a copy every few minutes with a checkout.

Hope that helps

2. 2 Posted by Veeramani P on 22 Aug, 2018 11:51 AM

HI,

what kind of script we have to use to checkout the repository. And how to make the copy of repository . Also how to restore the repository copy. I need more details of making this checkout.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marcin Kuzminsk... on 22 Aug, 2018 12:03 PM

Hi,

I'm sorry but this is a Mercurial related question, this has nothing to do with how RhodeCode works and operates. We're unable to provide you with such a solution for this kind of support.

I'd recommend checking some free resources, e.g StackOverflow, Mercurial IRC channel, or if you wish we have a consulting service also available in which we can help you setup such system using RhodeCode.

Best Regards,

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac