Issue with RC extensions not being able to be installed due to missing pkg_resources

kai

23 Dec, 2015 04:10 AM

This is a "fork" of the discussion here:

http://rhodecode.tenderapp.com/help/discussions/questions/32145-handling-git-post-recieve-hooks

---
Marcin, Patrick,

I'm having a similar issue. Trying to install the extensions on RC 3.7.0 on Windows.

The RC Tools do exist for me and I didn't have to install anything to get them. But then running:

$ .rccontrol/enterprise-1/profile/bin/rhodecode-extensions --instance-name=enterprise-1 --ini-file=rhodecode.ini --plugins

results in:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./rhodecode-extensions", line 5, in <module>
    from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
ImportError: No module named pkg_resources

There seems to be an issue with pkg_resources in the internal python installation and the extensions installation fails.
---

1. 1 Posted by kai on 23 Dec, 2015 04:14 AM

Just posting it here, maybe it's interesting for other users on Windows:

I was able to solve this problem by copying

rhodecode_tools
    rhodecode_tools-0.6.2-py2.7.egg-info
    and
    python2.7-Rhodecode_tools-0.6.2-nix-python-propagated-native-build-inputs.pth

from

C:\Program Files\RhodeCode\nix\store\yynbwxrgljs063rzqjwk57sxlvvvqnz3-python2.7-Rhodecode_tools-0.6.2\lib\python2.7\site-packages

to

C:\Program Files\RhodeCode\nix\store\sy8n5lc7ddf4bac0ng1zk71ym0d60sl4-python-2.7.8\lib\python2.7\site-packages

I'd be great to get some feedback re the viability of this solution/workaround/hack, not sure if it _should_ be done like that or if this issue should rather be fixed in a different/better way. Instead of just copying the RC tools package into the main Python installation, I think it should rather be solved in a way that RC tools refers properly to Setuptools, where pkg_resources seems to stem from.

Running 3.7.0 and 3.7.1 here btw - same behaviour happened in both instances.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by develop on 13 Jan, 2016 10:19 AM

Hello Kai,

Thanks for the heads up on the RCT packaging issue on Cygwin and for posting the work around. I have investigated and found the root cause being that RCT scripts were missed when wrapping the commands with Python. I have fixed the packaging problem and new binaries have been released publicly.

If you "rccontrol self-update" you will be able to get access to the new binaries marked as "733_b19042b39436_b8c3bae59b9f" which now have RCT properly wrapped.

Regards,
    Oliver

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

21 Sep, 2018 04:40 PM
20 Sep, 2018 07:42 PM
18 Sep, 2018 03:30 PM