Change the way Pull Request are tracking changes

Jerome Villeneuve Larouche

04 Apr, 2014 07:56 PM

Hi

Recently while trying the Pull Request feature, I realised that it actually tacks a specific revision in the branch you want to merge. This causes a crash in Rhodecode if you rebase the branch since the changeset id changed and the Pull Request does not track any new commit in the branch.

This is problematic if a reviewer ask for a small fix before the merge, even if there's a new commit it won't appear in the pull request. Also, if a pull request as been sitting there for a while and you want to rebase your branch to make sure everything is up to date, it simply breaks and give you an error 500 with a ChangeSetNotFoundException in the log.

I would be nice if the pull request feature would track the whole branch like Github does.

1. 1 Posted by Wladimir Palant on 18 Jul, 2014 11:21 AM

This is essentially the same as https://rhodecode.com/help/discussions/suggestions/22-add-changesets-to-pull-requests - closed almost a year ago with the comment "currently i'm working on next RhodeCode release that will include this functionality." Unfortunately, I just confirmed in the source code that I'm not overlooking anything and this feature is still unimplemented. While the pull request stores the origin bookmark/tag/branch, the comparison always goes by a fixed revision.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Marcin Kuzminsk... on 24 Sep, 2014 04:41 AM

We have now finally added an UPDATE button to pull requests.

If you rebase and the pointer is branch/bookmark the commits will be updated and the PR will have proper diffs and list of commits. The next major release is coming in the next few weeks with a lot of improvements on pull requests.

Sorry it took us so long :)

Cheers

3. Marcin Kuzminski closed this discussion on 24 Sep, 2014 04:41 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

21 Sep, 2018 04:40 PM
20 Sep, 2018 07:42 PM
18 Sep, 2018 03:30 PM