JIRA Integration

07 Jun, 2017 08:15 PM

I have just succeeded in setting up the JIRA integration from our RhodeCode instance to our JIRA instance. I am able to add comments to JIRA issues when I commit changes to my repos.

However, I am not able to transition an issue when I commit changes. According to my JIRA logs, RhodeCode is successfully contacting the REST API on the JIRA server, but the issue remains in the same status.

After digging a little deeper, I found that my JIRA instance requires that both the workflow ID and the resolution be set in order to transition an issue. I cannot seem to get RhodeCode to do this. Is this possible from RhodeCode? Have I misconfigured something?

I'm running RhodeCode Enterprise version 4.6.1.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marcin Kuzminsk... on 07 Jun, 2017 09:42 PM

Currently it's not possible to send Workflow ID together with Jira Status. We could however extend the settings and allow specifing a workflow ID.

We could produce a modified plugin for you to test if it works fine in your setup. Would you be up to test it ?

2. 2 Posted by lahughes on 08 Jun, 2017 11:49 AM

Absolutely, I’d be happy to test it.

3. 3 Posted by lahughes on 08 Jun, 2017 12:05 PM

Just in case you might find this helpful, this is the JSON string that I have to send to the REST API in order to get the issue to transition:

{"fields": {"resolution": {"name": "Fixed"}},"transition": {"id": "5"}}

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Marcin Kuzminsk... on 08 Jun, 2017 12:08 PM

Thanks Lyndsi,

Is the {"fields": {"resolution": {"name": "Fixed"}}, a workflow id ? I thought this would be a numeric value.

5. 5 Posted by lahughes on 08 Jun, 2017 12:21 PM

No, that is the issue Resolution value. The workflow ID is the "transition": {"id": "5"} portion.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Marcin Kuzminsk... on 08 Jun, 2017 12:26 PM

Hmm, then i'm confused. The transition ID is allowed to be specified inside our JIRA integration.

When you click Add prefix action, then there's a field to specify the regex, and jira status (which is the tranition id )

7. 7 Posted by lahughes on 08 Jun, 2017 12:30 PM

Yes, but I can’t specify the resolution value via the JIRA integration, and my instance of JIRA requires both the transition ID and resolution.

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Marcin Kuzminsk... on 08 Jun, 2017 12:40 PM

Ahh ok clear now ! It's little bit more tricky then. We need to read about that. I believe it's some customization on the fields then that you have?

9. 9 Posted by lahughes on 08 Jun, 2017 12:42 PM

Yes, I believe that’s correct.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

27 Feb, 2018 10:29 AM
21 Nov, 2017 06:38 PM
03 Oct, 2017 08:26 PM
03 Oct, 2017 05:48 PM