Post Upgrade Cleanup

Jerry Jones

20 Sep, 2016 02:43 PM

Hey Marcin, we've succesfully gone from v2.2.4 to v4.3.1. I just have a few questions about the importance of some files as to what it does and if we can get rid of it.

/rhodecode/data/production.ini - Seems most of the info, save a few items such as those conerning smtp, have been transferred to rhodecode.ini.

Within rhodecode.ini the item "app_instance_uuid" value differs from the one in production.ini. Do these need to match or will the new one in rhodecode.ini suffice?

/opt/rhodecode/data/ - There are some items in here that I know are important for v4.3.x. I was curious if there are any items in here that are no longer relevant. The files in question are these:

index
enterprise.ini
repos
sessions
templates.

I've followed the post upgrade instructions listed in the rhodecode docs and your support discussion, linked below:
https://docs.rhodecode.com/RhodeCode-Enterprise/install/install-steps.html
https://rhodecode.tenderapp.com/help/discussions/questions/32192-how-to-safely-purge-old-versions-to-free-disk-space

Thanks in advance.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marcin Kuzminsk... on 12 Oct, 2016 10:17 AM

Hi Jerry,

i'll try to reply inline in BOLD:

/rhodecode/data/production.ini - Seems most of the info, save a few items such as those conerning smtp, have been transferred to rhodecode.ini.
    YES ALL SETTINGS SHOULD BE COPIED, THE /RHODECODE/DATA IS GENERALLY NOT REQUIRED ANYMORE ALL ITEMS SHOULD BE IN ~/.RCCONTROL/

Within rhodecode.ini the item "app_instance_uuid" value differs from the one in production.ini. Do these need to match or will the new one in rhodecode.ini suffice?

THE NEW INI GENERATORS ADDS IT IN. IT'S OK TO LEAVE IT DIFFERENT

/opt/rhodecode/data/ - There are some items in here that I know are important for v4.3.x. I was curious if there are any items in here that are no longer relevant. The files in question are these:

index 
    enterprise.ini 
    repos 
    sessions 
    templates.

AS I MENTIONED ALL THOSE SETTINGS ARE NOW STORED IN ~/.RCCONTROL/
    SO NONE EXCEPT OF REPOS SHOULD BE REQUIRED. THE REPOS FOLDER IS THE ONLY ONE THAT IS NOT COPIED OVER

Let me know if you have any more questions. Cheers.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

15 Oct, 2018 12:10 PM
15 Oct, 2018 05:20 AM
10 Oct, 2018 08:11 AM