user groups not listed

Laurent ERNES

15 May, 2017 08:07 AM

All of the user groups on our server allow read permission for default user.
However, when anyone goes to Admin -> User groups, only the user groups he is the owner of are listed, not the others.

I would like that everybody can read all user groups, and know who are in the groups.
I expected the read permission to do that.
Is this possible ?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marcin Kuzminsk... on 15 May, 2017 03:53 PM

Hi Laurent,

the admin -> users
    the admin -> user groups
    the admin -> repositories

are delegated admin views, it means that all users who are owner or have ADMIN permission can manage those there.

We don't have a public view for user groups, but i believe maybe we should add a seperate view for that. As we have public profiles visible, we could do similar read-only view for user groups. The public profiles for users show some basic user information, i think it would be consistent if we expose user groups as similar links and show basic information on users inside that group. I need to ping few other customers on this and ask them if it's somehow not a security concern for them exposing groups members.

Could you share why you want to do so, and what is the use case for you on this ?

2. 2 Posted by Laurent ERNES on 16 May, 2017 07:09 AM

The idea is to help repo owners/admin to manage their permissions with user groups. If they can discover and inspect a user group that is already matching their needs, this would avoid redundant user groups creation and admin mayhem.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

27 Feb, 2018 10:29 AM
21 Nov, 2017 06:38 PM
03 Oct, 2017 08:26 PM
03 Oct, 2017 05:48 PM