Download File as RAW does not respect core.autocrlf = true

Darshan Ahluwalia

29 Oct, 2014 04:50 PM

Hey folks.

We have RhodeCode Enterprise on a Windows system.

When I use my git client to download a file, it has Windows style line endings (CRLF). When I use the web browser and download the file by clicking Download RAW, the file has Unix-style line endings (LF). See attached file.

I logged into my Windows server and executed the following command:
C:\Users\Enphase Energy>git config --system --get core.autocrlf
true

I do see that that core.autocrlf = true, which means that git should convert LF to CRLF when checking out text files (to Windows-style).

It appears that the RhodeCode web interface does not respect this setting--it is checking the file out as-is.

Is this intended?

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marcin Kuzminsk... on 04 Nov, 2014 10:16 PM

RhodeCode doesn't really read the gitconfiguration, as most of the stuff is implemented in pure python.

We have line endings converter in RhodeCode but it's not enabled for raw files, i think we need to discuss a solution for further versions of RhodeCode. If this is something critical for you, i can probably come up with a simple patch that fixes that, if you're interested ?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• gitclient_vs_downloadraw.JPG 23.4 KB
  • autocrlf.png 12.4 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac